2017 Holiday Art Sale – Nov 18, 10 am – 5 pm
APPLICATION DEADLINE WAS: Sept 8
18th Annual Holiday Art Sale APPLICATION: 2017 Annual Art Show Application
Applying artist were notified of juried decision by Fri, Sept 17, 2017.
NEW LOCATION: We are excited to announce that the art sale will be held this year at the Marquette Regional History Center (MRHC). located on Spring and 3rd Street – 145 W Spring St, Marquette. All applications/payments are to be directed to the MRHC.
SET-UP: Nov 17, 10 am – 5 pm
This change in venue is an effort to expand the event, attract new artists and new audiences. In addition, supporting a community gem with all proceeds from booth rentals and admission fees going directly to the MRHC, a private non-profit 501c3.
New Venue Benefits Include:
- Improved Parking
- Attractive Setting
- Unique Artist Booth Layout
- Natural Light
- Artist’s Lounge (refrigerator and microwave)
- Easier Load-In
The History Center is a destination, providing holiday shoppers even more reasons to attend. World class exhibits, an old-fashioned bake sale, cafe and other surprises will keep shoppers in the holiday spirit.
October 2017 – Art News from Kathleen MooneyWorkshops, Local and Current Exhibits, new art, travel and painting…From my sketchbook – Georgia O’Keefe Landscape Tour Ghost Ranch kathleenmooney.comKathleen Mooney back from Ghost Ranch 2017My Sketchbook – from the Georgia O’Keeffe Landscape Tour Ghost Ranch Oct 2017 katheenmooney.comI have returned from Ghost Ranch in northwest New Mexico – the beloved landscape of Georgia O’Keeffe! I stayed for two days in her first little cottage at the ranch – happily painting the Pedernal mountain from her front porch. A week of exploring the Ghost Ranch valley, box canyon, Georgia’s home in Abiquiu, and standing “right there” where Georgia painted some of her most iconic paintings of this iconic place. Incredible. Beauty. Everywhere. One of my new Independent Traveler Workshops is offered in 2018 at Ghost Ranch – see Independent Traveler Workshops. You know you want to go. You know you want to paint it. Even if you think you can’t paint – yes, you can!Watercolor Artist Magazine December 2017 issue – out now!A big honor – nominated by Kathleen Conover – I was chosen as one of “Five Talented Artists to Watch” by Watercolor Artist Magazine. The December 2017 issue is out now – at your local bookstore or Order direct from the publisherAnd MORE – This painting “Sunflowers for Vincent” is on exhibit in San Pedro CA at National Watercolor Society’s International Open Exhibition. It was awarded the Bonice, Collins, Turner, Experimental Award.While you are at the Bookstore… Schulers Books October 30th 7-9:30pmBook cover “Trees” and “Reunion” kathleenmooney.com“Grand Rapids Authors and Artists present a Multi-Media Event” I will exhibit (and have for sale) my original art which illustrated Cathy LaPointe Blundy’s book of poetry “Everything Has a Beginning”. Readings, music, words and pictures. Hope to see you there. Click here for complete infoWorkshops for Independent TravelersFrom my sketchbook – Box Canyon – Ghost Ranch Oct 2017 kathleenmooney.comAfter many requests I have packaged up art workshops in Ireland and several stunning USA locales. 3-5 days painting with my instruction while recording your own memories in acrylics or watercolor. Pure MAGIC. Details on Art Instruction on my website — look for Independent Traveler Workshops! Now everyone can paint (Yes, YOU can!) in beautiful locations that I love!My book “Ireland Inspirations” from 2016 paintings done in Dingle, Ireland.Workshops in MichiganMy demonstration painting at FLPC October Workshop “Painting the Iconic Landscape” acrylic and watercolor on canvas kathleenmooney.comNEW!!!! Monthly 1 Day Workshops at Franciscan Life Process Center. Acrylics and Watermedia, Abstraction, Composition and Finishing – bring MORE power to your painting… learn from my decades of dedicated studio practice! Workshop Schedule at FLPC: More of my workshops will be added each month.Art Trunk ShowsPostcard from the Marquette Art Trunk ShowFrom time to time I am invited to bring my Acrylics and Watercolor unframed paintings on the road to hold little “pop up” sales. These paintings are unframed Gems that lurk in my files hoping to find new homes. Significantly priced specials – A reward for loyal customers like YOU. The last time was in August in Marquette – A whole bunch now have new owners. A lovely box is finishing up the season at Art in Abundance Gallery in Grand Marais. Watch for more Art Trunk Shows – these are a lot of fun – the thrill of discovery is diving into these boxes and seeing what you come up with…Why you want to book your ART workshops EARLY…
- To ensure you have a spot reserved – and to recruit your painting buddies to attend too!
- To make a commitment to yourself to PAINT – and block out time on your calendar!
- Many organizers have to decide as far as 30 days in advance if they have enough reservations — or if they need to CANCEL. Book your spot EARLY!
- So YOUR materials packet from the presenter can be prepared
- To secure your lodging and transportation
- So you can prepare and gather inspiration, materials, and supplies
- To have enough time to research the presenter’s style
- So the organizer can prepare for your comfort and optimum learning environment—————————–Other locations to see my art –At least 44 of Kathleen Mooney’s paintings are featured at Flat River Cottage at 317 East Main Street, Lowell MI 49331 Flat River Cottage – I have a nice new selection of greeting cards and my books at Flat River Cottage! New Images on the website – new paintings in the store!Lansing Art Gallery – located in downtown Lansing – just down the street from the state capitol building – paintings and greeting cards by Kathleen Mooney in the Gallery Shop. Their website is Lansing Art Gallery – New paintings on exhibit by end of June 2017!Art in Abundance Gallery in Grand Marais, Michigan – a lovely place at the end of the road on Lake Superior – seasonal, special, secret locale… my kind of place. Facebook pageDesign Quest D2 D2 D2 – 4181 28th Street in Grand Rapids 49512 has many of my rugs featured and on display for purchase or custom order in gorgeous contemporary room settings. They are the local Michigan source for my 20 rug designs for Foreign Accents Rugs. Design Quest 800-944-3232 Contact me if you would like a personal tour of the rugs on display!As usual – If you would like an appointment to view my art or have me bring some pieces to your home or business – just contact me via the website KathleenMooney.com or email! It would be great to see you!Enjoy the ART! Hope to see you soon! Kathleen