RECENTLY UPDATED ON THIS WEBSITE
AS OF DECEMBER 2018:
“ABOUT LSAA” MENU
- Updated “Membership” page –> Family/Business due is now $50 (12/14/2018)
- Updated “LSAA Upcoming Programs” page (09/04/2019)
- Changed “LSAA & Smallworks Gallery Exhibit ” page name to “LSAA DEO Gallery, MACC Workshop #1, & Huron Mtn Gallery Exhibits” and entered show information for January-April 2019 (12/16/2019)
“WHAT’S NEW MENU”
- Updated and still updating “`CALENDAR’ of Art Events” (09/04/2019)
“LSAA KIOSK NEWSLETTER MENU”
- Posted 09/01/2019
“LOCAL & YEARLY ART EVENTS” MENU
- JAN: Winter Charm artwork due page updated with 2019 information (12/16/2019)
AS OF AUGUST 2019:
- Wanted: Art Instructors! The MACC & Senior Center are looking for local artists to teach monthly Senior Visual Art classes for community members ages 55+ at the MACC. Classes take place on the 1st & 3rd Tuesdays of each month, & can encompass any medium (e.g., painting, metalsmithing, eco-printing, drawing, etc.) Teachers are asked to teach both classes in the month, offering the same class on the two separate dates to better accommodate the seniors’ schedules & ensure that there’s enough room for all of those who are interested in taking part. Class capacity is set by the teacher but is typically between 8-16 students per class. Instructors are compensated $100 per class session ($200 for the month). Providing supplies is the responsibility of the teacher to allow for greater control over materials & to cut out the middleman, though the City reimburses supply purchases up to $200/month on top of the instructor stipend. In order to be reimbursed for supply purchases, teachers should turn in all relevant receipts to Tristan Luoma at the MACC before the end of the 2nd If you’re interested in teaching please send your name, teaching experience (if applicable), medium, class ideas, & examples of your work to email@example.com. Class schedules are filled on a rolling basis, & by applying you are not committing to any particular month.
AS OF APRIL 2018:
- MACC/PWPL 2018 Renovations: May-Nov/December.
- 5th ANNUAL 100DayProject Wrapped up April 30th, 2018. Those who registered their 100DayProject will receive an invitation in May to have images of their 2018 Project work included in the Virtual Exhibit on The100DayProject.com site. Anyone who made it at least through Day 21 is eligible to have their work included. Details for submission will be in The100DayProject newsletter. To subscribe to the newsletter, visit www.The100DayProject.com Questions? Michele Tuccini – firstname.lastname@example.org or (906) 250-7364
- LSAA Member’s Show likely moved to December, from May. Due to 2018 construction in the PWPL/MACC, we are looking at moving the LSAA Member’s Show to December. It was in May, in conjunction with the community Annual Art Awards. The Art Awards has already been moved to December of 2018, and looks like we’ll do likewise.
- APPLY NOW to enter Bonifas Membership Show
- APPLY NOW to display artwork at Art Week
- APPLY NOW for Fresh Coast Plein Aire Competition painting competitions – yes there are TWO competitions (see updates above).
- APPLY NOW for a booth at the 2018 Waterfront Art Festival
- APPLY NOW to be an art or food vendor at the 17th Annual Blueberry Festival
- Must send in original artwork & application BY MAY 1 for Blueberry Festival Poster Contest