(NOTE: This takes place/is part of
Marquette Art Week – JUNE 24-30, 2018)
2nd Annual Fresh Coast Plein Aire Competition
- FRI, JUNE 29, 4-10 pm: 2nd Annual Fresh Coast Plein Aire Festival: “Dusk to Dark” competition
Plein Aire means to paint outdoors or in “open air,” and artists may paint at any Marquette outdoor location from Founder’s Landing to Presque Isle Park, along the shore or in town. Paintings must illustrate or be inspired by real-life scenes. Afterwards, paintings from both competitions will be submitted for judging. Guests will be able to vote for the Peoples Choice Award. Painters from several states are already planning on competing for the $2,000 in cash awards!
* Registration: Artists may pre-register at https://goo.gl/LQnNQn.
* Cost: $25 in advance, or $35 the days of the event.
* Further Questions: Contact Charlice Stewart at CMSFineArt@msn.com or
- SAT, JUNE 30, 7 am – 4 pm: 2nd Annual Fresh Coast Plein Aire: “Painting the Landscape” competition
(See information above and below)
- SAT, JUNE 30, 5-8:30 pm: Public Reception for 2nd Annual Fresh Coast Plein Aire Competitions at Presque Isle Pavilion. Over $2,000 in prizes will be awarded for Best of Show, First Place, Second Place, Honorable Mentions, and People’s Choice.
Fresh Coast Plein Aire: Painting the Landscape is presented by the City of Marquette, Travel Marquette, Lake Superior Art Association, Beth Millner Jewelry, Marquette Downtown Development Authority, Carl Mayer Watercolors, Steve Pelto at Look Realty, and Mommaerts Mahaney Financial Services.