Due to renovations in PWPL/the MACC, May-Nov/Dec 2018,
please contact the MACC or a group member as for the current meeting location.
The Creative Community Series is made possible by grant funding from the
Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs.
To learn more about how to host your own workshop, to register for classes, or for any questions regarding series programming,
contact the Marquette Arts & Culture Center (MACC) at: (906) 228-0472 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Front St. Figure Drawing:
- Meets on the 1st Saturday of each month
- Next meeting: May 12, 12 pm at WOW Studio, 135 West Washington, Marquette, MI 49855 May not meet again until Aug or Sept.
- Contact: Steve Hughes – (330) 554-9160; email@example.com
- Facebook Page: “Front Street Figure Drawing Group”
Lake Superior Knitting Guild (not part of MACC Creative Series)
- Meets last Thursday each month, except holidays, 5:30-7:30 pm, at
431 McMillan Street Marquette, MI. (https://tkga.org/guild-finder/)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; (906) 485-5418
- We welcome knitters of all skills and levels. The group is very involved in projects for the community. We have knitted/crocheted hats, and scarves for the Special Olympics–blankets and hats for the local hospital NICU unit–spirit hats and hats for the Chemo unit at our local medical center–hats, scarves, mittens for the local warming shelter and hats, scarves, and mittens for other various causes in the community.
Marquette County Quilters:
- Meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month from 6-9 pm. (marquettequilters.com)
- Contact: Laura Reilly – (906) 228-4163; email@example.com
- The Marquette County Quilter’s Association (MCQA) is a charity organization founded in 1978. Our purpose is to promote an interest and appreciation of quilting and fiber arts by promoting high standards of design and technique. We accomplish this by sharing quilting information and providing educational opportunities for Quilters and Non-Quilters alike!
Marquette Poet’s Circle: (not part of MACC Creative Series)
- Meets 1st Monday each month 5:30-8:30 pm in Shiras Room (through Oct 2018 – contact Janeen for future meeting places).
- FREE & open to the public.
- Bring a poem to share, receive feedback from local poets.
- Open Mic: 6:30-8 pm – short prose or poetry, open to anyone,
with a sign-up list at the door
- Contact: Janeen Rastall – (906) 451-4473; firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Marquette Poets Circle is a group of local poets who meet to plan events, workshop poems, borrow books and literary journals, share submitting tips for publication and contests, and discuss the poetry business.
- The Marquette Poets Circle is a member of the Poetry Society of Michigan. Learn more about the Poetry Society of Michigan here
- Meets on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 10 am-4 pm.
- Contact: George Girod – (906) 250-5349; email@example.com
Superiorland Photography Club:
- Meets on the 1st Thursday of each month from 6:30-9 pm.
- Open to anyone with an interest in photography.
- Contact: Mike Hainstock – (906) 251-1222
- Facebook Page: “Superiorland Photography Club”
- Meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 6-9 pm, Shiras Room at Peter White Public Library (PWPL).
- Contact: Marc Himes – (906) 475-6695
- (Marc will do individual lessons for $25/hour)
- During the PWPL/MACC renovation, we will meet in the Shiras room. We will not have a meeting in July and will be having a picnic in August. We plan to have a meeting at the NMU woodworking studio in October.
Thank God It’s Wednesday Painters and Crafters:
- Meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month from 1-4 pm, at Senior Center – Marquette City Hall, 300 W Baraga Ave, Marquette, MI
- Contact: Dorothy Kristola – (906) 942-7639
Twisted Stitchers Quilting Club:
- Meets on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 10 am-5 pm.
- Contact: Coralie Hambleton – (906-869-2046)
UP North Knitting Guild:
- Meets 3rd Thursday each month (except July-Aug), 5:30-7:30 pm. (https://tkga.org/guild-finder/)
- Contact: Pat Gunning – firstname.lastname@example.org; (906) 249-3128
- Location: Meeting at the party room at Big Boys for the months of May, June & September. We do not meet the months of July & August.
- Our year runs from September-June, with yearly dues of $10. Our activities include knitting chemo caps, stash sales, Knit in Public events, fiber road trips, classes, and more. In June we have a potluck with games and prizes. Bring your knitting and come join us to learn more about our guild.
Yarnwinders Fiber Guild:
- Meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 6:30-8:30 pm.
- In May, meeting at the Chocolay Community Center in Harvey. After that, contact Patty Beyer.
- Contact: Patty Beyer – (906) 458-8974; email@example.com
- Facebook page: Yarnwinders