(Last Updated: 04/22/2019)
The Creative Community Series is made possible by grant funding from the
Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs.
To learn more about how to host your own workshop, to register for classes, or for any questions regarding series programming,
contact the Marquette Arts & Culture Center (MACC) at: (906) 228-0472 or
Front St. Figure Drawing: (currently not meeting – call if interested)
Lake Superior Knitting Guild (not part of MACC Creative Series)
- Meets last Thursday each month, except holidays, 5:30-7:30 pm, at
431 McMillan Street Marquette, MI. (https://tkga.org/guild-finder/)
- Contact: email@example.com; (906) 485-5418
- We welcome knitters of all skills and levels. The group is very involved in projects for the community. We have knitted/crocheted hats, and scarves for the Special Olympics–blankets and hats for the local hospital NICU unit–spirit hats and hats for the Chemo unit at our local medical center–hats, scarves, mittens for the local warming shelter and hats, scarves, and mittens for other various causes in the community.
Marquette County Quilters: (Updated 12/17/2019)
- Meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month from 6:30-9 pm in Community Room on lower level of the Peter White Public Library (PWPL), 217 N Front St. Meetings include a brief business meeting, committee reports, announcements, educational program, social time, and “Show ‘n Tell”.
- Contact: Laura Reilly – (906) 228-4163; firstname.lastname@example.org; marquettequilters.com
Marquette County Quilters Association, P.O. Box 411, Marquette, MI 49855
- The Marquette County Quilter’s Association (MCQA) is a charity organization founded in 1978. Our purpose is to promote an interest and appreciation of quilting and fiber arts by promoting high standards of design and technique. We accomplish this by sharing quilting information and providing educational opportunities for Quilters and Non-Quilters alike! MCQA is a proud member of the Michigan Quilt Network.
- Membership: Annual dues pay from Jan 1 through Dec.
- Benefits of Membership:
* Guild meetings: Quilting news, networking, short programs, & Show ‘n Tell.
* Educational Events: Learning programs, quilt retreats, quilt worships, & teaching adults & children the art of quilting.
* Friendship Groups: Independently organized, a variety of intents, interests, locations, & schedules.
* Newsletter & Website: Keep up-to-date with events, meetings, interviews, tips, blotto, & other MCQA activities.
* Library: Over 200 quilting books & other inspirations. All available to members.
* Charity Projects: Quilts for children at Bay Cliff Health Camp, Harbor House Women’s Shelter, Care Clinic, Regional Neonatal Unit, Military Vets, & Christmas Teddy-Bear Quilts.
* Bi-Annual Quilt Show: “Autumn Comforts” featuring hundred of regional quilts, demonstrations, vendors, & a fashion show.
Marquette Poet’s Circle: (not part of MACC Creative Series) (Updated 12/17/2019)
- Meets 1st Monday each month 5:30-8:30 pm in Shiras Room (through Oct 2018 – contact Janeen for future meeting places).
- FREE & open to the public.
- Bring a poem to share, receive feedback from local poets.
- Open Mic: 6:30-8 pm – short prose or poetry, open to anyone,
with a sign-up list at the door
- Contact: Janeen Rastall – (906) 451-4473; email@example.com https://marquettepoetscircle.wordpress.com
- The Marquette Poets Circle is a group of local poets who meet to plan events, workshop poems, borrow books and literary journals, share submitting tips for publication and contests, and discuss the poetry business.
- The Marquette Poets Circle is a member of the Poetry Society of Michigan. Learn more about the Poetry Society of Michigan here
NCLL: Knitting with Dan Jarvis (Added: 04/22/2019)
- When: Thu, May 2, 9, 16, 23, 6:30 – 8:30pm
- Where: MACCStudio #1
Repair Café: Bring something that needs fixing or help others fix mechanical items such as antique radios, lamps, etc. (Updated 04/22/2019)
- Meets on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 10 am-4 pm, in MACC Studio #2 (lower level of PWPL)
- Next meets: Sat, May 25th – not sure what’s happening after that.
- Contact: Tom Gauthier (573-300-1341)
Superiorland Photography Club:
- Meets on the 1st Thursday of each month from 6:30-9 pm.
- Open to anyone with an interest in photography.
- Contact: Mike Hainstock – (906) 251-1222
- Facebook Page: “Superiorland Photography Club”
Superiorland Woodturners: (Updated 04/22/2019)
- Meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 6:30-9 pm, MACC Studio #1 at Peter White Public Library (PWPL).
- Next Meets: May 14, June 11, July 8, Aug 13.
- Contact: Marc Himes – (906) 475-6695
- (Marc will do individual lessons for $25/hour)
- SUPERIORLAND WOOTTURNERS SYMPOSIUM: Sat, May 18, 10 am-5 pm in MACC Studio#2.
Thank God It’s Wednesday Painters and Crafters: (Updated 04/22/2019)
- Meets EVERY Wednesday of each month from 1-4 pm, in MACC Studio #2, lower level of Peter White Public Library (PWPL), 217 N Front St.
- Open to everyone.
- Next Meet: May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; June 5, 12, 19, 26; July 3, 10, 17, 24, 31; Aug 7, 14, 21, 28
- Contact: Dorothy Kristola (906-942-7639) or Paula Kiesling (906-458-6513)
Twisted Stitchers Quilting Club: (Updated 04/22/2019)
- Meets on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 10 am-5 pm, in MACC Studio #1, lower level of Peter White Public Library (PWPL), 217 N Front St.
- Next Meets: May 18, June 15, Aug 17, Sept 21.
- Contact: Coralie Hambleton – (906-869-2046)
UP North Knitting Guild: (Updated 04/22/2019)
- Meets 3rd Thursday each month (except July-Aug), 5-7:30 pm, in MACC Studio #2, lower level of Peter White Public Library (PWPL), 217 N Front St.
- Next Meets: May 16, June 20.
- Contact: Pat Gunning – firstname.lastname@example.org; (906) 249-3128;(https://tkga.org/guild-finder/)
- Our year runs from September-June, with yearly dues of $10. Our activities include knitting chemo caps, stash sales, Knit in Public events, fiber road trips, classes, and more. In June we have a potluck with games and prizes. Bring your knitting and come join us to learn more about our guild.
Yarnwinders Fiber Guild: (Updated 04/22/2019)
- Meets on the 2nd Thursday each month (except July-Aug), from 6:30-9 pm, in MACC Studio #2, lower level of Peter White Public Library (PWPL), 217 N Front St.
- Next Meets: May 9, June 13, Sept 12
- Contact: Patty Beyer – (906) 458-8974;email@example.com
- Facebook page: Yarnwinders