2020 Blueberry Festival
July 31 (Fr), 2020, 10 am-7 pm on West Washington & Front Streets.
- Contact: Downtown Development Authority (DDA) at (906-228-9475). https://downtownmarquette.org/blueberry-festival/
- Apply by Feb 10: Blueberry Festival Vendor
- Apply in May 1(?): Blueberry Festival Poster Contest
- Apply by May 22: Downtown Business Registration
JULY 26, 2019 10 am-7 pm:
18TH ANNUAL MQT. BLUEBERRY FESTIVAL
Sidewalk sales, food vendors, artists, demonstrations, pony rides, inflatable arcade games, & activities for children and families. Downtown restaurants with blueberry fare, from blueberry pizza to blueberry beer, while many downtown shops offer will offer “blue” specials. Local farmers selling fresh produce, including mounds of plump blueberries, & music fills the streets.
The Marquette Downtown Development Authority invites residents of all ages and skill levels to submit original artwork for the 2019 Blueberry Festival Poster contest. The selected design will be reproduced as a full-color, limited edition poster for the 2019 Blueberry Festival.
The winning entry will be determined by a combined score based on an online vote open to the public and a panel of judges comprised of local artists, downtown business owners and public officials.
Voting will take place Monday, May 20, through Friday, May 31, at www.downtownmarquette.org.
All entries will be on display at a location to be determined at a later date.
The artwork will be on display during the voting period for those who would like to view and vote for the artwork in person. The winning poster will debut prior to the festival.
- Location: Downtown Marquette, MI – West Washington & Front Streets
- Poster Contest Deadline: Wed, May 14, 2019.
Application: https://downtownmarquette.org/blueberry-festival-poster-contest/ Entries must be received at the Marquette Downtown Development Authority (DDA) Office: 337 W Washington St. Marquette, MI 49855.
- Contact: (906-228-9475); Tara@downtownmarquette.org
- Selected winner will be notified no later than Fri, June 14
- Artwork not selected may be picked up Mon, July 29-Fri, Aug 2 from the office.
- In exchange for the rights to the selected artwork, the winner will receive $150 in gift certificates to downtown businesses and 10 posters. The winning image will be produced on festival posters & merchandise. The Marquette DDA will retain possession & all legal rights to the artwork selected, including all reproduction & photographic rights, with credit for the artwork being given to the artist in all accompanying materials.
- Only original artwork submitted by the artist or the artist’s representative will be accepted. All images used in the artwork must be original.
- Only two entries allowed per artist.
- Two-dimensional artwork only.
- All media is eligible.
- Size must not exceed 11″ x 17″
- Artwork must not have been previously reproduced.
- No lettering or text on the artwork will be allowed except for an artist’s signature, which should be no larger than 1″ x 3″. Artwork submitted with lettering or text will not be accepted. Questions: call DDA office at (906) 228-9475
- Submit actual artwork; no slides accepted.
- If your artwork is selected, you will be required to sign posters and attend the Blueberry Festival on Friday, July 26, 2019.
- Original artwork must be clearly labeled on the back of the piece with the artist name, phone number and title of the work.
- Artwork must be submitted matted, framed, or otherwise mounted & gallery-ready for display.
- Artists may submit up to two entries; however, a separate entry form is required for each piece submitted.
The entry deadline is Tuesday, May 14. There are two ways to enter:
- Complete the online submission form at www.downtownmarquette.org/blueberry-festival AND mail or drop off your original artwork at the Marquette Downtown Development Authority office (337 W. Washington St., Marquette, MI 49855) before Tuesday, May 14. A digital file (either emailed or delivered on CD or jump drive) of the original image must be submitted as well. Online submissions received without original artwork will not be considered.
- Submit a paper application with original artwork by mail or drop off your original artwork at the Marquette Downtown Development Authority office (337 W. Washington St., Marquette, MI 49855) before Tuesday, May 14. Applications can be downloaded here ( Blueberry Festival Poster Contest Application) or picked up from the Marquette DDA office.
- $100 Vendor Application Deadline: End of May (began
Feb 5). For businesses, vendors, or non-profit entities outside of Marquette’s Downtown District. Space is limited.
- Downtown Business Application Deadline: May 24
- Applications: https://downtownmarquette.org/blueberry-festival-vendor-application/